Call for applications for an artistic creation in the public space
Reserved for 4th and 5th year students and 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 DNSAP graduates of the Beaux-Arts de Paris
Terms and conditions
The City of Fontainebleau invites 4th and 5th year students and 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 DNSAP graduates from the Beaux-Arts de Paris to compete for the creation of an artistic work incorporating a fountain (the etymology of Fontainebleau being Belle-Fontaine) intended to be placed in the Place de l'Étape in Fontainebleau in the Seine-et-Marne. Free theme, possibility of digital and/or luminous creations
- Maximum dimensions: 4.5m high and 2.5m wide
- Minimum dimensions: 2m high and 1m wide
- Different dimensions can be accepted if justified
- Materials and colors are free, the work must be weather resistant
- The work created must be an original creation
- Endowment for the winning artist: €18,478.67 (excl. VAT) for the copyright and the material transfer of the work
- 73,333.33 € (excl. VAT) maximum for costs related to the design, engineering, production, transportation, site supervision, assembly and installation of the work (water supply and water circuits paid for by the City). This amount will be paid by the City upon presentation of estimates and invoices.
Information meeting in Fontainebleau, Place de l'Étape, Thursday, October 21 at 4:00 pm.
This meeting is not mandatory but it is strongly recommended to attend. It will include a presentation of the places to be invested and the stakes of the operation.
Submission of applications until December 10, 2021 at midnight
Applicants must submit by email a single PDF file of less than 15 Mb containing
- presentation of the planned project with a note of intent
- primary sketches
- contact information: name, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, year of study or degree
- portfolio of previous projects and CV in 4 or 5 pages
First meeting of the jury in January 2022
A jury composed of representatives of the City of Fontainebleau and the Beaux-Arts de Paris as well as qualified personalities will nominate 3 candidates.
The nominees will be paid €2,500 (excl. VAT) each for the production of a detailed note on the project containing at least: the artist's statement/intention, several sketches, simulations, photos and the setting of the work.
Second meeting of the jury to choose the winner in February 2022
Presentation of the three projects by the three nominees.
The winning project will be put into production immediately.
Inauguration fall 2022
The work must be in working order (water and light circuits)
Submission of applications on a dedicated platform of the Beaux-Arts de Paris: Fontainebleau Project
Call for applications for 3 video or 3D image creations
Reserved for students enrolled at the School or DNSAP 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 graduates
Terms and conditions
The works resulting from this call for projects may be shown for a maximum of 10 years on LED screens of vertical format 120x240 cm located in the accesses to the meeting rooms of the law firm Gide, whose technical characteristics are attached to this call for projects.
Free subject, only constraints:
- each work must be a rather short sequence, from 30 seconds to 1 minute,
- without sound,
- fairly progressive but not too dynamic (otherwise it would be visually disturbing),
- the 3 works, each intended for one floor, can constitute a series or not,
- the content of the documents must have the same resolution as the screens,
- the creations must be original.
Prize for each winner: 3 000 €.
This prize includes production costs and copyrights attached to the works created.
Meeting at Gide's on Wednesday, October 27 at 9:30 am, 15 rue Laborde, 75008 Paris, in order to visualize the premises, the screens and to test some films brought by the students and graduates.
Submission by email until Wednesday, November 24, midnight.
Interested candidates should send :
- the 3 works in MP4 file format
- a short description of the works they are submitting
- their contact information: last name, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, year of study or degree
A jury composed of representatives from Gide and the Beaux-Arts de Paris will select 4 winners in December. The works will be installed at Gide from January to December 2022, each winner being presented for 3 months.
Contact for sending applications: email@example.com