Parcoursup 2023/24 procedure
Registration for the entrance exam to the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Paris for 2023/24 is done directly on the Parcoursup platform and according to the established calendar.
Applications between 18 January and 9 March 2023. Applicants for entry into the first year of the programme must include the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Paris in their applications.
- Wednesday 18 January: opening of the Parcoursup platform and formulation of wishes (10 wishes maximum)
- Thursday 9 March: deadline for submitting applications
- Thursday 6 April: confirmation of applications
- 1 June: start of the main admission phase
Applicants who hold or are preparing for a French baccalaureate or a qualification accepted as equivalent are authorised to apply.
Foreign students will apply according to the same schedule as Parcoursup, between January 18 and March 9, 2023 at the Beaux-Arts de Paris on a dedicated platform OASIS. The application consists of the following documents:
- An identity document (identity card or passport)
- A copy of the diploma allowing access to university studies (end of secondary school) and/or the diploma being obtained (the documents must be accompanied by an official certified translation into French)
- For applicants with a scholarship: final notification of scholarship 2022-2023
Please note that a B2 level in French is strongly recommended.
Timetable for the entrance exam
The selection is made in several stages:
An eligibility stage
Online submission of the application project on the OASIS platform between 14 and 18 April 2023. The application form must include :
- A letter of intent in PDF format of approximately 2000 characters.
- It must allow to appreciate the candidate's will to integrate a National Superior School of Art while describing his artistic training project and his intention to adhere to the specific functioning of the Beaux-Arts de Paris (knowledge of the specificities and particularities of the institution).
- An artistic file in PDF format of 10 Mb maximum and/or two videos in MP4 format (playback time limited to 2 minutes)
Eligible candidates will receive an invitation by email on 28 April to make an appointment for the admission stage on OASIS
An admission stage in two phases over two days
Please note that the admission stage is in person. (You will have to take the different exams on site).
Between 9 and 17 May 2023
First phase (one day) on the Beaux-Arts de Paris site
- Examination of the artistic file
The file is composed of a selection of your productions (original works or reproductions, at your convenience). The file must be presented in a single, easy-to-handle batch, with the only constraints being
maximum grape size (50x65), weight not exceeding 5 kg, easily unpacked and stored.
The productions must be identified (please indicate your name or candidate number on the electronic files of the USB keys)
Digital productions must be readable on both Mac and PC.
- Drawing test 2 hours
- Theoretical test: 1 hour
You will be informed at the end of the day if you are selected for the second phase which will take place the following day.
Oral interview of 15 minutes maximum
The results will be available on Parcoursup as well as the Beaux-arts de Paris website on June 1, 2023.